Sunday, 26 December 2010

Christmas

Martin The Snowman © Claire Rice 2010
So that was Christmas. Just the two of us again since Mum and Dad got stuck in Devon because of the snow - which presumably is why my brother's Christmas pressie hasn't arrived yet despite being sent the same time as my birthday pressie (which arrived mid-week).
The snow also meant that I had to cancel my birthday drinks as I wasn't risking going into Manchester and wasn't gonna be responsible for anyone else risking it just for my birthday! So that's yet another birthday without any kind of party! I think I can count the amount of birthday parties I've had in my lifetime on one hand - possibly even two fingers! Next year I'm arranging my party for August! (Seriously!)
Then I got myself a cold and missed work on Tuesday - which didn't impress my boss! Not that he said anything but you could just tell by the tone of his voice he wasn't impressed!
So, feeling a bit guilty, I went in work for the rest of the week which turned out to be a waste of my time as there was sod all to do! And I ended up reading magazines and playing silly elf games on the computer! Still, I shouldn't really complain for being paid £16k for reading magazines and playing computer games should I!
So then Christmas arrived and it was a quiet affair. John seemed overwhelmed by his pressies a bit - and those were just mine! And I got some nice new boots, a jewelry box, slipper socks and a lovely card from John.
John - messy as ever! © Claire Rice 2010
Since Mum and Dad got stuck in Devon, we didn't have the Christmas dinner we'd planned but had pie instead. Not just any pies though - these were very expensive Higgidy pies! I had turkey and stuffing pie and John had beef and stilton pie! And today we're having beef in beer casserole. It smells delish!
But we haven't started on the Christmas cake or Christmas puds as we're trying to save them for when Mum and Dad are here. Whether we succeed or not is another matter! They go off in 2012 so they really need eating up!
So that's it really - I feel spoilt by all the generosity of my friends and family. They're a great bunch of people so I shall end this post by raising a toast to them...
Thanks for everything you've done for me this year. I hope you've had a very Merry Christmas and will have a very Happy New Year!

Claire xxx

No comments: