Monday, 16 August 2010

First Day At Work

So today was my first day at work as Claire and it went rather well. Most made the effort to call me Claire, even if they sometimes forgot, and absolutely no one was at all nasty to me. In fact, the day got off to a great start with the lovely Dianne complimenting me on my appearance. :-) Mike, who has a stutter, was also amusing. I don't think I could've chosen a worst name for him to try to pronounce! Lol!
Also rewarding was having a clear head since all the thoughts of "should I, shouldn't I" (and worse) are gone as I've quite obviously made the decision that I shall! :-) Not being distracted by my dysphoria is something to savour - I just hope it lasts!
So today was wonderfully life affirming and my most common thought of the day was "Why didn't I do this ages ago?"!! :-)
However, I came home to some worrying news... John had another X-Ray today and the X-Rayer was obviously concerned and told John to go see his GP tomorrow but wouldn't tell him what it was! Which is just flipping great - if you're gonna worry someone that's a great way of doing it! Why not just tell him so we can either cry ourselves to sleep or put our minds to rest?!!

No comments: